Monday, May 21, 2012

Vintage Tea Napkin Holders DIY

My inspiration for this project came from two places. The 1st,  a vintage tea party I am working on. I am just loving all the pretty pinks and lace and wanted to continue that theme with the napkins. The 2nd (and real inspiration) came while kicking around the net one night. I found these gorgeous paper cones (below) made by Cristen of Events by Tiffany & Cristen and Kate Landers of Kate Landers Events. This was too pretty not to try! (See Cristen's blog for more on this beautiful Vintage Silhouette Party!) I love love love the silhouette. These ladies sure know how to throw a gorgeous party!
So here is what you need to make my version of them:
 Pink and tan card stock, glue, doilies, napkins, cutlery, scalloping scissors or scalloped cut out.
I found a pretty vintage tea pot image online and made place card hang tags first. Printed on tan card stock and used a stamp to cut into tags. Tied them on with twine.
Found most of the mix and match (kid sized) tea cups, saucers, and plates at flea markets. Such wonderful finds! I just adore them!
Fold doily and glue bottom together. Print out your image on card stock and cut in a circle or oval. On pink paper cut with scalloping craft scissors. Glue together, glue on your cone, then let dry.
And that's it! Stuff with napkins and cutlery and your done. 
So pretty and super easy!

2 comments:

  1. What was the size of the doilies used for this? Btw they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Hiba Khan! This is my old blog and I only saw your comment now! I used standard 10", but you could use 8" too. :-)
    My new blog and website will be up soon. See www.prettimini.com

    ReplyDelete